These images are indeed mine but rather than focusing on holding them tight I choose to focus on sharing them in hopes of having them seen and enjoyed. See the terms for the Creative Commons license below for details.
Most of the photography on this site has not been legally released, so may be purchased for editorial or personal, non-commercial use only. Where possible I will indicate whether I have the necessary release.
The “Galleries” section of the site contain images that you can license for download and print in a variety of sizes, finishes and mountings. These purchases are accepted by credit cards or PayPal, and fulfilled by me or a top quality third party. If for some reason you have trouble with the gallery and shopping cart functionality, please get in touch with me and we’ll work it out.
I know most of the bands and individuals pictured, so for commercial use I can talk to the band and see if we can release the image, though naturally that will require compensation for the band as well as the photographer.
Private Galleries and Removal Requests
Bands and individuals pictured have given their permission to be displayed. If there is an image you would like removed for any reason, please contact me with the details of the image, your relationship to it, and the reason. I will remove it promptly and without any debate. Routinely I set up galleries for bands and indivuals in order to purchase prints or download images, and those can be private, too.
This website including the text and images is a work by Christopher Dant licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
You are free, without any additional permissions from me:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
Provide a link back to this site so that anyone who wants to know more about my work, see more of it, or buy it, can get to me.
Have fun with my stuff, improve it, extend it, but don’t sell works based on it. Actually you can sell derivative works if you license the imagery from me first, see below.
Your work based on my imagery must have the exact same license under which you acquired it. Unless you’d like it to be under a different license such as traditional copyright; see below.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights— In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
- January 14, 2013: update links and images but no changes to content
- July 15, 2012: initial release